Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Friday, April 27, 2012

Red Statement Necklace

It's Friday! I have to get all of my homework done today because tomorrow is the Relay for Life!! I'm on the planning committee so we have to be there at 8 am tomorrow morning (ugh!) but it'll all be worth it for such a great event for an even greater cause. 

This week's blog post is more for inspiration to get you crafting than a specific DIY since I don't have as much time as usual.

UPDATE: This item is now available in my Etsy shop, but hurry! There is only one available.


Like this red necklace? I made it! (I know, I know. Big surprise).

I saw these beads at Michael's (on sale, of course) and knew they would make the perfect statement necklace. It's chunky without being too bulky!



Here's how:

1. Make two strings of the beads (any kind can substitute for this project!). 

2. Put the strings through a cap bead at the ends. Use a crimp tube to make loops at the ends of the stringing wires.

3. Put one link at the end of the chain through the loops you made.

4. Attach a clasp between the chains on either side and voila! You're done!



I promise I'll post some really cool tutorials in the next few weeks. :)
______________________________________________________________________

"The LORD is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten."
-Jeremiah 20:11

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cute! That looks to me to be coral (or faux coral). So it's extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of red crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/red-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.