Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Zipper Bracelet // DIY // Repurpose October

I'm afraid of fire. 

Kinda funny that I'm a Chemistry major and, well, we have Bunsen burners.

Anyways, what does my fear of fire have to do with crafts? You'll need a lighter or a candle or matches or a blowtorch (pick your poison) for this one!

And it takes literally five minutes.



We're finally down to the last week of REPURPOSE OCTOBER! How sad! Of course, I will always be posting new DIYs each week (that is, after all, the purpose of this blog!) but I have really enjoyed trying to be extra creative and repurpose things!

Don't forget to keep sending in your repurposed crafts for a feature post of my favorites at the end of the month!


I have seen this done a few other places before, but I can't seem to pinpoint the original creator. If that is you, feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll post a link to your site for credit!

Ready to learn how? Read on!


Here's what you'll need:
-zipper small enough to fit your wrist (keep in mind that the lobster clasp & chain links will add a little length)
-jewelry pliers
-E-6000 glue/epoxy or another type of strong glue
-a few chain links
-lobster clasp
-lighter/match/candle/source of fire

Here's what you do:

1. Trim down the edges of the zipper (unless you want a larger, more cuff-like bracelet)


2. Using your source of fire, melt down the edges of the zipper so that it won't fray. You can kind of see the melty edges in the picture below.


3. Using the E-6000 or another type of strong glue, glue the lobster clasp in the space of the zipper shown below.


4. Attach a few chain links to the zipper pull on the other and and now you have an awesome zipper bracelet!


Now go show off your new, fashionable bracelet!

Have a great week!
_______________________________________________________________________

"Be determined and confident...Your God, the Lord himself, will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Bunsen burners are one of my favorite parts of the lab! Actually, I like using them for making micro pipettes, but this zipper bracelet looks pretty fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. I love it.. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lady! Found you from the GFC blog hop and I'm now following you- I hope you'll stop by and follow me too. Looking forward to checking our more of your blog :) And this post is seriously so cute- it looks so easy to make, definitely going to have to give it a try!
    xo, Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool idea! Fire is scary... You're not alone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you think of things like this? This zipper bracelet is adorable!
    XO,
    Whitney
    http://somethingbroughtyouhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.